With many devices to connect during the pandemic, it’s time to upgrade your router with the latest technology. TP-Link’s AX3000 powerful and speedy router boasts the latest wifi 6 to give you an extra edge in speed and connectivity. Not surprisingly, the JD Power Award granted TP-Link the best wireless routers in 2017 & 2019. We are excited to be doing a TP-Link AX3000 review. But, before that, let’s look at some significant features of this great router.
Check our hand picked best routers under 200 dollars.
- With the next generation wifi six wireless technology, it produces three times more speed than the previous generation and can engage more devices.
- Its dual-band router produces unprecedented speeds – 574 Mbps (2.4 GHz band) and 2402 Mbps (5 GHz band).
- Its revolutionary Intel dual-core processors automatically organize the adequate flow of data to all connected devices without compromising speed.
- The router Beamforming technology focuses on solid and reliable coverage to all devices within a pretty large area.
- Despite its next-gen wifi 6, this router is compatible with older generation wifi devices.
- One of the best features of this router is how easy it is to set up by following the steps in the installation manual.
- Variable data transfers and objective operational time let the device save battery life.
You’re entering the future of wifi routers with faster speeds, uninterrupted multiple device connection, and the superior built-in safety.
A user found the design to be pretty slick and futuristic. Unexpectedly it is small for a device that can produce breathtaking power and speed. Installation and setting up are a breeze. You need to download the app on your PC and wait for the program to run until there is a prompt for a password.
You might need to update the firmware if you’re still running an older version. In addition to that, you can also adjust the configuration to suit your personal preference. Probably if you have an IT background, it would be much easier to do the setup. However, it’s not necessary; even 90-year-olds can do it. You can get an elaborative pdf manual from the TP-Link website for an easy step-by-step guide.
Case study 01: People keep talking about how fast the next-gen wifi 6 technology is. But, what can you consider to be fast? Another user tested the router’s speed to read 500 Mbps at xfinity.speedtest.net. With this kind of speed, you can surf the internet seamlessly with little or no lag. Moreover, you can reach upload speeds up to 30 Mbps when you plug in a thumb drive. It’s unbelievably speedier than what you can expect.
Case study 02: Another satisfied user had a better experience. The wifi speed recorded an astonishing 799 Mbps. Connecting to a game system like PS4 gave an even higher reading at 900 Mbps. Covering a 2-story house with many walls, the router relentlessly feeds every corner with a fast connection. If you want an upgrade, this router will thrill you by boosting the speed and offering a better signal over a wide area.
Case study 03: A family upgrading to this wifi router felt like getting a new lease of life. Previously their router was not that fast, and the signal frequently went on and off. Moreover, they had to endure constant buffering. The first impression of TP-Link AX300 was that it worked at lightning speed.
Furthermore, the family has wifi TVs in every room and a huge one at the lounge. Each member also has several wifi gadgets like smartphones, tablets, laptops, pcs, and gaming consoles. The wifi speed and coverage did not show poor performance even though they engaged all devices simultaneously. It can take up to 100 devices at once and still performs well. Everyone would love this feature since no fighting is necessary to get connected.
They also loved the fact that it’s compatible with Amazon Alexa for remote convenience. It’s also helpful to get regular updates from the firmware to stay current on the features.
So far, they have no qualms about their new gadget. It outperforms several routers they had previously in all divisions. It’s worth the investment to change to a new router.
Even though it gets a little hotter after prolonged use, it will not pose any fire danger. The heat produced constantly stays at a controllable level all the time. I would suggest giving some spaces at the router’s back portion to allow for more airflow and make it more relaxed.
Best of all, parents with young kids would appreciate having flexible parental control over the devices. It helps to monitor your kids’ activities on the internet.
- Value for money – latest wifi six technology operating at one of the fastest speed at a reasonable price
- Easy and quick installation with step-by-step manual included
- Dual-band producing phenomenal speeds – 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 2402 Mbps on 5 GHz
- The well-developed parental control aspects give you peace of mind over what your children browse over the internet
- Next-gen wifi 6 technology needs more software updates
- Produces heat after a prolonged use
Archer AX3000 model has USB 2.0 port.
The AX6000 model has more ports and definitely performs better. But it also costs more. You can have it if budget is not an issue. Otherwise it’s not that required.
Yes, you can connect it to your iogear. But make sure you enable WPS and up you go.
Yes, it is compatible and works perfectly with TP-Link wifi extender.
Yes, you can set up a separate wifi network to entertain your guests at your house.
HomeCare protects your device from computer virus, QoS, and incorporates parental controls. It’s also free for life.
After reading the TP-Link AX3000 review, you’d realize that it is one of the best all-around routers equipped with the latest wifi 6 technology. It’s smoking fast wifi with flawless performance. The signal strength can go through multiple walls without hassle. If you’re looking for the proper wifi that has it all and can give everything you desire at a bargain price, then you can’t miss this one.